Thursday, August 11, 2011

One More Week

As of today it's exactly 7 days until I am laying on that table and changing my life for good. I can't believe how fast it has gone. It snuck up on me. Well, I am prepared. Everyone is asking me are you nervous, are you scared? My answer, no I am not right now, I just want it to be here and be done and back to work. I am looking forward to it. I don't know if it's hit me yet or if I am just not the typical person who gets worked up. Last night I did have some emotions but it was because I was overwhelmed with work and realized that I am oh so close. I ordered the chicken broth from Bariactric Advantage to help with the first week of NO SOLID FOOD. It arrived last night  I hope I can cope. I think I will be fine.


I wanted to find an online support group. I cannot make it to everyone that my surgeon's office holds twice a month, I got it cleared at work to leave early so I can make it to every third wednesday of the month's meeting. The group I found online is AMAZING!!! Bariactric Bad Girls Club is amazing and lead by Melting Mama, who seems to be an awesome person. I am looking forward to continue to have them in my online family for support since all these wonderful women (and few brave men) went through exactly what I am going through next week. I know they are going to be knowledgable and and help me through some things that my doctor and boyfriend cannot help with.


Last week I went to my pre op appointment. I met my pre op weightloss goal. I am still trying to lose more because why stop now? I have worked so hard up until now, and then quit, NO WAY JOSE! They told me that my UA (urine analysis) came back with "bugs" and blood, I have the Mirena that makes me spot and that's why the blood was in there. So they told me that I needed to redo the UA, I went to go do this Monday morning and they told me at the labs that it was going to be a long time before they could get to me and I told them that I have to pee. Well I went to go pee, I couldn't pee. SO they gave me a cup to go pee in at work and I could drop it off at my lunch. Well I called my doctor's office and told them that I am getting upset and that do I really need to do the UA. And that's when my emotions got the best of me at that point. I cannot just take off from work to get something done, I have to request paid time off. So I spoke with the Nurse Practitionor and she told me not to worry about it and my emotions went away really fast. I think I was having issues because I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to get the surgery because I couldn't do the UA.


I feel good about my decision, I am not going to change it. I am excited for my life change and it's something that I have future goals and I am going to achieve those goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment