Friday, August 26, 2011

Not At All What I Expected

IT'S BETTER!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think I would be feeling good after surgery at all, I thought it was going to be a lot of dumping (for those who don't know what dumping syndrome is, it's where you throw up and have diarrhea a lot) and lots and lots of pain! I feel fantastic. I bounced out of recovery like a champ. I got up about an hour after they delivered me to my room to go to the bathroom. I think I got up about 2 or 3 times until I was out of the anesthesia. Then about 5 hours after surgery I got up and walked around the ward where I was admitted into after surgery. I would walk alot and not slowly. All the nurses would tell me that I didn't even look like I had surgery. Ever thing emotionally was fine for the first 3 days. But when I was discharged and went home I went a little over emotional and kinda crazy, it had to do with the pain meds and some even think the anesthesia had a play in it as well. I was mean and not myself to people who I would talk to regularly. Well I am proud to say that I have been off my pain meds since Monday 8/22/2011. I never want to go back on them again. As of Tuesday 8/23/2011 I have been able to eat real food. I am excited about that because broth and sugar free jello are on the bottom of my list for the rest of my life!

The surgeon said that I saved my own life. My liver had been so enlarged that it would have gone into failure at a fairly young age and I would have died if I didn't do this surgery. I am very happy that I made the decision to get this surgery. It's a life change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment