Saturday, August 13, 2011

How Did It Arrive So Fast?

I cannot believe that I only have one and a half work days left and then I will be done with work for three weeks. I am prepared, but then again I am not prepared. It's a reality finally coming into play. Last August, when I went home to see my mom and dad, my mom asked me to look into the surgery, Mike's aunt took my blood sugar which wound up being extremely high for average, and then not being able to partake on a couple activities that his family went and did while we were on vacation in Montana all because of my weight were all factors in why I decided to get the weight loss surgery. I want my life back and this disease is taking over it. I want to be able to go horseback ridding and not have to worry that I am "over the limit" or looked at in another weird way because I am abnormally huge.

I really didn't think that when I set out looking into the surgery that I would actually go through it. I thought it was expensive, afraid my insurance wouldn't cover it, and get lot of judgement because I was making a decision to alter my life..... Well one of those three were wrong.... it's still expensive, and I got very harsh judgement for deciding what is right for me. My insurance is definitely going to cover it.

I was able to pick my own insurance plan, building it to where my out of pocket is going to be only $1,500 for the enrollment year, I am completely happy with that price tag. I took out an Flexible Spending Account where I put $1,500 on it so I can just tell the hospital to take it all and be done with it. And have the money taken out of my paycheck. I recommend FSA's to anyone who has the option to use one. They are a blessing in disguise.

The harsh judgement I had was from someone who is close to me. I couldn't believe that she was the one who would judge me so hard because she had struggled with weight as much as me. A few people from support group thought she was jealous and didn't have the means of getting surgery. Who knows? I finally had to not talk to her about surgery because I felt it's not her decision, she is not going to talk me out of it, and for all the people she has talked out of it, I would love to talk to them and tell them to reconsider, she doesn't know your medical history, she's not a doctor. All she knows is that yes with hard work you lose weight, if you need extra help by all means look into something that is going to help you, use your own judgement, not someone else's. She really put a lot of stress on me. I hated talking to her. I still kinda do. It's none of her business if I get this surgery. I am doing this to prevent health problems and get rid of my existing health problems. She was the reason why I am not really putting a lot of detail on my Facebook about my surgery. I don't need the harsh judgement.

Mentally, I am ready in more ways then not ready. I was sitting talking to my friend at work today and we were looking at the guide that my surgeon's office gave me for my handbook for the surgery, and it occurred to me.... HOLY COW my stomach is going to be in pieces. OMG!!!!!! Surprisingly, I am not excited about it one bit.... I am ready for the surgery, I am happy I am getting the surgery. But I don't know if I am psyching myself out because I am so ready for this.

I am one for buyers remorse for even buying an item. I think I got my remorse out a couple weeks ago with the surgery. Support groups have helped so much. I am glad that I have gone to the ones that are provided by my surgeons office and joined an online club. I am a strong person and I know that I am going to do very very well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree... I think she is jealous, and I for one am glad you followed your own heart! I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete