Monday, September 17, 2012

1 Year and 1 Month Later

I know you are supposed to post on your 1 year anniversary. Well I color outside the box. I am doing a 1 year 1 month post! It has been a long year, a stressful year, an emotional year, an ever changing year, and mostly a very important year.

Well to start things off, it has been a heck of a 1 year and 1 month! It has been full of change, challenges, happieness, excitement, disappointment, discovery, and lots of decisions.

If you would have asked me before my surgery if I would have been successful I would have said no. I had fears the Gastric Bypass wouldn't have worked. I had night mares that I would have only lost 5 pounds and no further results just like every other diet fad, excercise program and pill that was new on the market.

Today: I am proud of myself. I have learned about the woman I am today, the person who I grew to become, and the Laura I am going to be for the rest of my life.

The biggest change I have found is that I am a happier person, everyday I am happier than the day before just because everyday my health gets better.


 

I no longer have sleep apnea, close to having diabetes, and all around I have given myself another jump on life. I am going to for sure do it right! I have posted a before picture and an after picture of me. I am proud that I am both of these people. Two totally different people, but 1 in the same.  The person to left is who I used to be. I was depressed and not happy with my life, I had to change myself for the better. The person to the right is who I am today.
 
 I am proud of what I have become with this surgery, what I have decided what something that took a lot of soul searching and a lot of emotional thought. I have had so much to think about when I decided to get the gastric bypass, how much it would change my life, how much did I really want the surgery, what would others think of me. In the end it was about me, what I wanted, for myself and my future.

From 365 pounds to 205 in 1 year is amazing. I cannot wait until I am 170 pounds. Only 35 more to go. For all of those who have cheered me on please keep up the support. Thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment